Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thoughts on a Saturday Night

I'm getting older. I know this because I've started saying things like "I want to keep learning to better myself." I never used to understand that phrase. Now I use it all all the time. I think it's because I've realized that I've got a long way to go until retirement, and I'd like to fuck up as little as possible between now and then. I'd like to walk away from every bad situation with at least one piece of wisdom.

To enjoy the true flavor of a Kraft Caramel, it must be chewed. It has a waxy, stale flavor when it first goes in your mouth. Chewing helps release its magical flavor.

Harley says acupuncture feels like a little burst of energy in your skin. She says I'd think it feels like a sting. She is most definitely correct.

I have to write a 5-page paper and a 10-page mid-term in the next 3 weeks. Oh yeah, and I'm going to have a kid this week. That's going to be fun.

I bought a pint of Ben & Jerry's on Friday night. When I got home, I realized that I had somehow picked up "Everything But The..." instead of the intended "Phish Food." This is upsetting. I work in packaging and should be something of an expert in this. Not only did I pick up the wrong flavor, but I worked on that redesign! I reviewed the artwork for every single flavor. See that chocolate covered almond and the heath bar bit? I had to approve it before we released the artwork. I guess the shelf is a great equalizer.

Ben & Jerry's "Everything But The..." isn't very good. It's a mix of chocolate and vanilla ice cream. It's not creamy enough or rich enough, more of a bland in-between. And all the chunks (they're called inclusions) don't work together. Just when I'm getting to like the white fudge, the peanut butter cups get in the way.

Know what flavor would have been good? Phish Food!

I'm still happy with my decision not to make my own ice cream. Maybe when I'm on paternity I'll try it again.

It's past midnight. I'm too tired for the beer I've been looking forward to. I'm cranky. I just want to watch a West Wing and go to bed. But I have to be a dutiful husband and rub my wife's feet. I will not be happy about it.

No comments: