Friday, March 16, 2007

My Morning Oopsie

I was supposed to go to a meeting this morning in New Jersey. The work we were to present was FedEx'd last night, so all we had to do was show up. I had spoken with the client to confirm that if the snow was bad, we could have a call instead. So, I was praying for snow.

I was disappointed to wake up to find no white on the ground. But I figured it was icy enough that driving would be a bad idea. I told my team we were not going to Jersey and to head into the office. Turns out, my client is sick and never made it into the office. We're rescheduling for early next week.

I come into work and find the FedEx's that were supposed to arrive this morning still sitting on my desk. They never went out! We'd have arrived in Jersey with nothing to present. Thank God today worked out the way it did. I will NOT be sharing this story with anyone else at work (keep quiet, Jen!). I don't think it's something I need to share.

No comments: