Friday, March 16, 2007

Quote of the Day, Part II

As you might have guessed, I love South Park and Family Guy. One of my favorite momments in cultural overlap was wehen South Park made fun of Family Guy for a 2 episode special.

During at the Harvard class day 2006, Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane, in character as Stewie Griffin, rebutted this criticism saying:

“You're wondering to yourselves: what can I expect from the outside world? Will I find my niche? What should I know about the vast territory that lies beyond the confines of my little subculture of textbooks, Ramen noodles, coin-operated laundry and TV shows that seem to think they can skate by with random jokes about giant chickens that have absolutely nothing to do with the overall narrative?

The boys at South Park are absolutely correct: Those cutaways and flashbacks have nothing to do with the story! They're just there to be ... funny. And that is a shallow indulgence that South Park is quite above, and for that I salute them."

1 comment:

Michele Farias said...

Olá..Boa noite!!!

Não sei escrever em inglês...um dia eu aprendo!
Você sabe falar em português?

Abraços Michele