Tuesday, March 04, 2008

TheMediaDude Supports...

... Canadian Club Whiskey

I don't know exactly why, but I am a huge fan of this booze. It started off being made in Canada just across the river from Detroit, during Prohibition. It became popular in the clubs, and became known as Club Whiskey. After Prohibition, they were forced to put Canadian on the package to give the US brands an edge. But the Canadian term helped differentiate it and made it even more popular.

I was going to make a joke about it, like "cause when you want to drink something to make you feel like your 60-years old, it should taste good too." Then I went to their website and saw a huge banner that says "Damn right your Dad drank it." That was hilarious, and I understood just what it meant. The shit tastes good! (I drink it with coke.)

Check out the new ad campaign. It's funny, acknowledges the heritage of the brand while making it relevant for today. Reminds me of Old Spice, but on a lower marketing budget.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that IS pretty funny! I'm a fan of whiskey (or scotch) with ginger ale - yummy!

Boywonderesq said...

I think it's time for The Media Dude to comment on the election, instead of doing it on my blog.