Monday, March 10, 2008

The Worst Vacation Ever

I took a few days off from work (Wed-Fri) to work on my mid-term. I handed it in this morning and I do not feel good about it. I worked so hard, but I don’t know if it’s what the professor wants.

My writing process is the same as when order dinner at a restaurant. Every sentence was followed by a second-guess if that is what I really want to say. I only 4 pages, so I had to make sure each word was important.

I know the theory, but did I apply it properly? Did I balance explaining the concepts with application of them to specific articles? I don’t f*cking know. After I spent hours finalizing the draft, I thought of other ways I could outline the information that would be more cohesive and compelling.

In the end, I had to hand in what I had. I didn’t have the energy left. This is the hardest class I’ve taken (with the Business class a close second). I may have over-thought it, but I don’t think so. I am really looking forward to a summer with no academia involved.

Still, it was wonderful to wake up at 10 everyday, watch morning cartoons with Lilah, lunch with Paula & Lilah at Big Daddy’s, and not be hounded by work emails all day long.

No comments: