Sunday, April 27, 2008

Starbucks Logo

Have you seen the new Starbucks seal on around recently? They are promoting the new Pike's Place blend. Trying to get back to a real coffee company, they've used the original mermaid from when they first opened.



I don't like it. Looks like something out of Clash of the Titans. But if you see the progression from the original to the current, it makes sense. Click here for a much better view of all the logos. I can't get the formatting right ahere and can't be bothered to fix it.

Still, consumers never see this gradual shift. I found the "original" mermaid to be uglay and jarring. It sure as hell didn't say coffee to me.If Starbucks really wants to be a real coffee company, then stop futzing with movies and make me the Cookies & Cream Frappcino I've been wanting for years! That flavor is mine, I have dibs.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, the Starbucks coffee is Puerto Rico is so much better than here - I thought it was just that I was happy to be in PR, but everyone agrees - my people know how to make Starbucks coffee! =)