Monday, December 22, 2008

All That's Left Are the Memories

.. and kippahs! I've amassed a sizable amount of kippahs over the past few months, thanks to all the weddings I've attended. For those of you who don't know, these are called kippahs. Only the goyim call them yarmuckles.



WHAT DO I DO WITH ALL THESE?? Can I throw them away? Bury them? No. I make a blog post with cute pictures of Lilah wearing "Daddy's hats."




I'm guessing this is what Brian and I looked like when we were kids. Lilah may not have to wear a cippah when she grows up (girls are required), but she's getting strong dose of Judaism this week. It's her first Hanukkah where she knows what presents are. And boy does she like them! One is never enough.

Note to the family: a "special treat" is not the same thing as a "present." In all situations, "presents" are preferred over "special treats."

P.S. Does anyone else remember the episode of Diff'rent Strokes (correct spelling) where Arnold Jackson wanted to become a Jew after going to services? And he wanted to wear a "yarmuckle," and his white friend (Robbie) told him he went to a special school 6 days a week? I may have only been 9, but that episode reeked of inauthenticity.

No comments: