Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Those Old Guys Rock

Guitar Player Magazine has once again justified the $12 annual subscription. I am now familiar with these amazing guitar players. They're all famous in Nasville and the world of country music but somehow escaped my attention until now.

Chet Atkins
A sensitve take on the old ragtime theme that takes my breath away. This is how I've always imagined I'd play the guitar someday. Click here and watch Chet make cheesy 50's country sound amazing.


Merle Travis
If you don't know what amazing guitar playing sounds like, listen to this. He makes complex fingering and sophisticated right hand techniques sound effortless. This is a compilation of some instrumental work. Click here to get a short song that shows off his voice.


Jerry Reed And Chet Atkins
Jerry takes the first solo, which is amazing.

No comments: